Sunday, September 23, 2007

Visit to God in Melbourne

Finally after lot of convincing from my wife that i have committed enough sins, which requires a visit to temple, we ended up going to ISKCON which is very close to our house. Below are some of the observations from that visit:

As we entered i saw that there was some pooja going on in the courtyard so i wanted to checkout what's happening. A couple (Indian Guy married to OZ chick) where performing "Naamkaran" (Naming ceremony). Priest was an australian, and i heard him kill gayathri mantra left and right. How in the world can this guy chant sanskrit mantra? I know that these days even indian priests cant pronounce it properly but still it was very funny to hear the chantings being killed by a OZ priest.

When i was watching my daughter (she was sleeping), my wife visited the god and asked for forgiveness for all our sins. By the time my turn came to do the same they closed the doors. I asked them when would it open, a white lady replied "god is resting". I just bursted laughing and said "i thought he is suppose to listen to our grievances 24/7 365 days and thats what he gets paid for. That lady was in a hurry to eat, she said look come back at 4PM. I started thinking, if i was her i would have said, "god has just now left the building as he consults at lot of places".
I was hungry too so i proceeded to the kitchen, line was pretty big and circular. I figured out where i am supposed to stand and got into the line. In front of me was the mother of the OZ girl who was performing naamkaran. The indian daamad/son-inlaw(SIL) walked up to her and asked her to come get the food. Lady replied, yes thats why i am standing in line. SIL said, we dont have to stand in line as we are guests who have performed pooja here so we can cut through the line. She said that would be shameful and she wouldnt do that. I told her, i admire your discipline. If i was in your place i would have probably accepted that offer and got my food faster. She started laughing and said, very fact that you are appreciating what i did shows that you would not have done that. I told her come on, i am an indian i would cut through the line.... (no offence guys).

Finally it was my turn to get the food, I asked the guy how much should i pay. He said you can donate downstairs... while returning i put 5$ in the hundi and thanked lord krishna for the lunch and told him sorry to disturb him while he was resting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Post Dude !!!

Thanks for the frank revelation of the heart !!!

Personally I felt the guys at the ISKCON temple, nice and pleasent to talk with.

And may be its some emotional bonding they share with Krishna (GOD) and thats why they treat him sentiently hence the term (GOD is taking rest) comes into picture, just like we take rest.

Keep posting ur experiences.

Anonymous said...

I can see why you are prone to commit sins. First you look at other's faults though they are sincerely trying to serve God, not from the point of view of God, who appreciates even the smallest service
(like providing Him some rest time away from jaded cynics like your self).I'm sure in your next birth, naraka loka, they will apreciate your nice chanting of gayatri.

Anonymous said...

ISKCON is too commercialized. I happen to visit Bangalore ISKCON, while I was entering inside, one of the ISKCONian called me. He asked my details and I answered briefly. He told me to donate to ISKCON a huge money (my 12 months salary). I told him no way. He thought I am NRI.

I don't have much of idea about Akshyapatra, the programme to feed orphan children. Are they guinuine?

K said...

Thanks for the guy who wished naraka loka for me. I wouldnt mind it as there is no bigger naraka than earth.But son what you sow is what you reap, we have to pay for our sins here itself. I think you should read a little bit of veda. Now according to your theory, you will also endup there because you are finding fault in me... so see you in naraka loka and may be you can learn some sanskrit chantings from me. Take it easy my man.

To the guy who wanted to know about akshaya paatra. Bangalore Corporation/karnataka government funds some part of that money. This information is from the x head of bangalore corporation. But they provide very good lunch it seems. But the problem is teachers of those government schools eat before kids eat.

AHAM said...

radhe krishna,
firstly GOD listens to everyone whether that person is belieer or nonbeleiver because all are his children.
Secondly, the concpet that GOD is taking rest is a form of showing bhakti or devotion to lord .here the devotee pampers the lord in which resting is one of them.
Akshaya patra scheme is working fine to the knowledge i know. Best form of doing Anna dana is you yourself take some eatables and donate to slum children during your birthday so that u can see them relishing in front of your eyes.
HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE. HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE.